We design our websites using the current web standards and practices of today. Learn more about how we design our websites here!
Website Optimization is what makes locating a website in the search engines possible. Learn more about search engine optimization here!
We offer website hosting for small to medium sized companies. Check out our website hosting plans and maintenance packages here!
Website Hosting Tips & Information
Website hosting seems complicated to most new site owners. In order to simplify this great mystery we've put together this section of tips for first time site owners. Please read through these tips and if you need more information about web hosting feel free to contact us for more information.
- Always back up your web files. This is critical since most hosting companies do not provide this service as part of your hosting plan. Should your web server crash, replacing these files will be easy. Keep these files on a PC and also burn a copy to disk and store it in another location like a safe deposit box.
- Write down your FTP information. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol and is the method by which you will transfer web files to the web server from your personal computer. This information will consist of a Host directory, IP Address, and Password. Make sure it's kept in a safe place in case your own PC crashes.
- Check into customer support. Before you secure hosting for your new website, make sure you have customer support personnel available to you during your business hours and not theirs. Some companies host in foreign countries and only provide support during their business hours. If they're not able to provide support for you during your business hours you should probably look for another host.
- Back up your database. If you have a database associated with your website make sure this is also backed up frequently. It is not the responsibility of the web host to provide a back up of your database.
- Don't panic if your website seems down. If you open your website in a browser and it seems down or you get a "Page cannot be displayed" message wait a few moments before you call your host. Sometimes computers need to be restarted, Internet providers have DNS glitches and PC's sometimes throw errors for no reason. Most times your website will reappear in a few minutes. Anything longer than 5 minutes we suggest you call your hosting provider.
- Write down the date your URL expires. Make sure to renew your domain name before it expires. Knowing when it expires is the key. Although most domain registrars send expiration notices to their customers, these emails might get missed. Renewing your domain name early will guarantee your website stays online and you wont have to pay the late renewal fees.
- Know your web host and domain name registrar. Know the company name, their web address, phone number, and the credit card number on file with your web hosting company and domain name registrar. Having this information handy will save you time and hassles with verification procedures when you want to make changes to your account.